- Materials previously owned by Nitobe Inazo (1862-1933), former Professor of the Faculty of Economics, the University of Tokyo.
- The materials are foreign language books, mainly on colonial policies and international economics which he taught in this university (241 titles, 281 books).
- These were donated to support the reconstruction of the library after the Great Kanto Earthquake.
Searching the Catalogue
- You can search this on UTokyo OPAC. The name ‘Nitobe collection’ will appear in the ‘Collection’ field.
If you would like to browse, select Nitobe collection from the pull-down menu in the Collection field on Advanced Search of the UTokyo OPAC, then click the search button.
- SHITARA Mai ‘The Nitobe Collection : general description and its characteristics‘ “Annual Bulletin of Resources and Historical Collections Office (Shiryo-shitsu), the Library of Economics, The Univ. of Tokyo” 2, 2012.3
- Resources and Historical Collections Office